1928 Cinema Club
Of course, a bright star in the history of clubs at PDS/USN is the Cinema Club. It began in the fall of 1927 with a meeting of a small group of movie enthusiasts in room 201. This ambitious group went on to produce a mystery movie entitled Masque, one of the only amateur film efforts of its time. The film received a "big hand from the public," as news of its production made it all the way into both Movie Makers and Photoplay magazines. In its second year, the Cinema Club produced yet another mystery film entitled Retribution. In 1929, the Cinema Club was discontinued. Though short-lived, the Cinema Club remains the most famous club in PDS/USN history.